Sunday, September 28, 2008

Connections

I was so excited about our house today; I told everyone at church.

While I was talking to one lady, her husband approached and I started the story from the very beginning. As I was re-telling our exciting story I realized that the man that I was talking to has his own window installation company. We're going to need new windows within the next few years.

This afternoon I went for a motorcycle ride with my dad. As we were driving down Old Fort Road there was a very slow Harley Davidson in front of us. When we finally reached a fork in the road he pulled over and I looked back at him to say (with my eyes), "You're on a motorcycle! It isn't a horrible thing to go at least 5 km above the speed limit!!" Before my eyes could say anything, I realized it was John, from church. Dad, John, and I went to Timmy's in Ft. Saskatchewan and as we were talking about the house I realized that John is a roofer. We're going to need a new roof ASAP.

I was excited about these connections and when I was watching another movie with some friends they said, "Sometimes it's better to get someone who isn't a friend to do the job so that you can just get mad and say 'DO THE JOB!'" These friends have had the worst experience ever with home renovations. They might be right though.

We're going to have to be careful of who we choose to do the job.

No comments: